Role : Line Designer
My job at Ubisoft is to make sure our games respect the editorial guidelines and reach the targeted quality of the compagny by providing support to the teams via design support, benchmarks and best practices sharing. I’m also in charge of helping the team to achieve the key milestones of the production and keeping the top management updated on the content of the projects.
Provide continuous feedbacks on many aspects of the content such as:
- 3C (Character, Controls, Camera), Game mechanics & Systems
- Player Experience of Need Satisfaction model
- Progression, Game Loops and Economy
- Ergonomics, accessibilty and exposition
- World & Level building
- Graphics & UI
- Sound design
I'm also in charge of creating benchmarks in order to make an in-depth analysis of the best practices of the market on any features and content mentioned above.
- Assist the team along the several steps of the project such as the creation of the mandate, the pre-production, the alpha, beta and all the way to the Gold Master Candidate, the release and finally the postlaunch content.
- Prioritize feedbacks according to the remaining time and resources of the project.
- Communicate efficiently with many key participants including the Top management of Ubisoft, Game & Creative Directors of the projects, Live teams, Uplay services and User Labs for playtests.